Date Organized: June 14, 1924
Date Chartered by AHCC: April 16, 1966
Club Pua: Hala and (melia) Plumeria
Club Colors: Green and Yellow
Club Mele: Kaulana No Oe O Koolauloa
Club Motto (Hawaiian): Ua Mau Ke Ea O Ka ‘Aina I Ka Pono
Club Motto (English): The Life of the Land is preserved in Righteousness
Pelekikena: Danielle Ululani Beirne-Keaue
Hope Pelekikena `Ekahi: Dannette “Sista” Leota Pascual
Hope Pelekikena `Elua: Michele Kanakea Kalili
Pu`uku: Raynae “Tessie” Fonoimoana
Pelekikena Iho Nei: Cathleen Pi’ilani Matton
Po`e Kokua Staff:
Kakau Mo`olelo (Recording Secretary): Jolene Peapelalalo
Kakau `Olelo (Corresponding Secretary): Jolene Peapealalo
Ho`opa`a Mo`olelo (Historian): Dannette Leota-Pascual
Kahu: Dr. Francine M. Palama
Mele Alaka`i: Florentina Haleala Montes
Sgt-at-Arms: Clyde Troy M. Thompson
Na Alaka`i Directors: All Officers
E-mail Address: ululani2006 at hawaiiantel.net
July 13, 2013
On-going projects still includes:
- Ko’olauloa HCC held regular Board & General Membership meetings every month.
- The Maunawila Heiau – teaming up other community groups to malama the area.
- The Restoration of the Koa Canoe Project in Kahana, where some of our members participated with Uncle Bobby Puakea; is now being completed at He’eia State Park.
- The Ho’olako Grant Project is off and running with Doctor Francine Palama’s technical support expertise is shared at each General Membership meetings.
- Representation on the 8th at the Oahu Council BOD & the 20th at AOHCC BOD meeting.
- Oahu council Meeting on the 13th at Makaha
- Participation in the North Shore Walk in Haleiwa on the 14th.
- Tapa making work shop with Dalani Tanahy at the Kahuku Library on the 16th.
- Held a Ko’olauloa Hawaiian Civic Club Constitution & Bylaws review meeting
- Oahu Council Constitution & Bylaws Meeting at the University of Hawaii on the 11th.
- KHCC Board Meeting was held at the Crouching Lion Restaurant in recognition of all our mothers that serve on the board and as Committee chairperson.
- KHCC awards at least eight Scholarships every year and our Board meeting this month was held on the 12th; where our quota of $3,000.00 for Scholarship Fund was discussed and to meet our KHCC Finance and Budget Committee.
- On the 8th, our club participated in the Kamehameha Day Celebration at I’olani Palace as a food vendor. KHCC will be celebrating our 90th Anniversary on June 14th, 2014 and will enter the Parade. We also plan to celebrate the event at the Turtle Bay Resort and would like everyone to save the date.
- We have been planning for the AOHCC Convention at the Kaua’i Marriott Hotel.
- For the last 6 weeks, KHCC Na ‘Opio: Kumu Kahiau Wallace, Kaimi Johnson, Kumu Mamo Leota and the Ho’olauna Group participated with the Kamehameha Schools summer Program in the Ahupua’a O Kahana working the lo’i and the Huilua Fishpond.
- Also, our members have been participating in the Lauhala Workshop in Kahana as well.
- KHCC President was in attendance at the Oahu Council BOD meeting on the 8th.
- Five of our club members took up the responsibility this month to clean Mauna ‘Ala on the 6th. Ululani, her son Troy, Sista, her son Tommy and Jolene also presented Ho’okupu of beautiful tropical flowers from Kahana.
Support has been ongoing for KHCC members for Papakolea HCC member Puka Asing’s to stop any eviction from DHHL lands and work towards a “Pono” solution.
Until next time……Mahalo!